WHAT TO DO WHILE YOU ARE HERE
Add one part activity, one part relaxation and one part value, and you'll see why the Pensacola Bay Area provides the perfect recipe for an amazing and affordable family vacation.
Attractions and activities of every kind - from bike riding to snorkeling to water park rides to pier fishing and learning about the past at historical sites - mean big family fun for visitors. Swimming in gentle surf, building castles on spun-sugar sand and relaxing with loved ones in a casual waterfront restaurant add up to quiet, connected time together. Add to that a reasonable price tag and everyone is happy. Come to the Pensacola Bay Area and discover why it's been named one of the top family-friendly destinations in the United States by Southern Living magazine
Spend the day relaxing around the pool or let the little ones play in the shallow waters of the bay, both just steps from your door. Watch the wildlife from the decks where you will see dolphins, flying fish and all kinds of birds, or go to the beach & walk the sugar white sands looking for sea shells. Bring your bikes and take a ride around the island to view all the pristine scenery. Tour the National Naval Museum, home to the Blue Angels or make a day of it at Johnson's Beach just a few miles away. Other activities just minutes away include golf and boating at Lost Key Resort Golf Course and Marina.
*9 minute drive to the beautiful beaches of Perdido Key. Closest beach is called Johnsons Beach
*10 minutes to the Naval Air Station and Naval Museum
*20 minutes to the historic district and downtown Pensacola!
*5 minutes to Hub Stacys Restaurant & Bar for great sandwiches, drinks and music
*5 minutes to Innerarity Point Park
*20-30 minutes to the Flora-Bama, Moe's BBQ, Gulf restaurants and lots of other great area restaurants.
*20 minutes to Orange Beach, AL
*25-30 minutes to Gulf Shores, AL
*Minutes to shopping & souvenir shops
Visitors will find some of the most beautiful beaches in the world at Perdido Key and Pensacola Beach, where blue skies, jewel-green waters and swaying sea oats provide the perfect backdrop for your Florida vacation.
Johnson Beach is the closest and once you enter through the gate there are a bunch of different beaches you can choose from down that road. It’s just gorgeous!!!! The first one on the right has the bathrooms and outdoor showers. There are so many other beaches to try too as you head down Perdido Beach Road heading towards Orange Beach and Gulf Shores!
You can buy a week pass at the entrance to Johnson beach Here is the link to the information page:
Some of the other beaches may have free entrance and some have $5 to $7.00 per car entrance. (Prices may have been changed since this was written)
As you head down Perdido Beach Blvd, there are many beach access points and ALL the beaches are absolutely beautiful!
Explore Gulf Islands National Seashore, the longest tract of protected seashore in the United States. Our coast is perfect for fishing, surfing, scuba diving, collecting seashells or just taking it easy. In fact, Pensacola’s beaches have been ranked among the best in the country by TripAdvisor, Dr. Beach & the Travel Channel. Make a plan today to experience the beauty and fun of Pensacola’s beaches for yourself.
https://www.visitpensacola.com/things-to-do/beaches/pensacola-beach/This beach community is full of shops that carry fashions perfect for a day at the beach or a night out on the town. Whether you are looking for sunscreen, an island souvenir, a special gift, or the latest beachwear, look no further than Pensacola Beach.
KAYAKING AND PADDLE BOARDING ON THE BAY
1) SUP DOGS http://www.isupdogs.com/ We recommend!
They will deliver to our door and then pick them up when you are done!
REVIEW FROM A SERENITY NOW GUEST:
We rented 3 paddle boards for our vacation in fL. They were delivered To us on time and he was very helpful in getting us going. They were extremely flexible and we even got to keep them a little longer due to weather. Hands down I would use this business again! Super nice and professional! Thanks for making our vacation even better!
DOLPHIN & NATURE & SUNSET CRUISES
There are a lot of different companies that do tours down here and they are all pretty good! Kids and adults will love this!! Click here for a more complete list Dolphin & Sunset Cruises in Perdido Key
1) DOLPHIN TALES https://10dolphincruise.com $
Close your eyes and daydream for a moment. Imagine a blue-sky day aboard a boat surrounded by shimmering water. Sea gulls dive into the water for their dinner, truly a fresh catch. Friendly dolphins dance in sequence, just a short distance from the boat, and Caribbean music sets the tone for a relaxing dolphin cruise through Wolf Bay and the surrounding waters of Orange Beach, Alabama.
2) DOLPHIN TALES FIREWORKS DOLPHIN CRUISE
(251) 269-5555 for more info
This cruise will be a longer cruise than normal. We will look at dolphin as we cruise the Inter Coastal canal waterway. We will dock near The Wharf entertainment complex and enjoy their fireworks spectacular that begins around 8:30 pm.
This is a fun and unique evening sure to please any age, as we view dolphins the first half of the cruise and gorgeous fireworks the second half. This particular cruise is only offered on Monday nights to coincide with the fireworks schedule.
3) BLUE ANGELS/ DOLPHIN & SNORKELING TRIP
(251) 269-5555 for more info
A rare opportunity to see the famous U.S. Navy Blue Angels acrobatic flying team practice thrilling aerial maneuvers. This cruise is a Bucket list 5 in 1 excursion: air show, dolphin watching, snorkeling, shelling, and swimming. Dolphin Tales offers complimentary snorkel supplies for your enjoyment.
4) CONDOR SAILING ADVENTURES
5) CETACEAN CRUISES
INNERARITY POINT PARK (NEW IN MARCH 2020) free
Innerarity Point Park, located at 3835 Cruzat Way, is slated to open in March.
"(Next to Hub Staceys)
Just down the road from The Serenity Now is Perdido Keys new 4 acre park . Features will include an open space for community gatherings, ADA accessible boardwalk, dock large enough for fishing and paddle craft & kayak launch, large and small capacity covered pavilions, two playgrounds, restrooms with rinse off areas & parking and native shoreline vegetation.
PERDIDO KEY KIDS PARK (Kids will LOVE this park!) free
Address: 10015 Gulf Beach Hwy
Great park, hidden away just off the highway. My kids are 5 and 6 and absolutely loved it. It has an intricate maze of wooden play spaces with some rock climbing walls, swings, and places for parents to hang out. Includes a garden, bathroom, and covered picnic tables. You can tell this playground is truly loved by the neighborhood as evidenced by the names of donors and volunteers on the playground. We picnicked here and my kids didn't want to leave. Great place to stop after the Naval Museum to let your kids blow off some energy.
This comes highly recommended by our guests! Check this out for sure!!!
For adventure and romance. Cruise the waters of Pensacola with your own Captain Kirk
JET SKI RENTALS
Extreme Watersports $$
Parasailing in Orange Beach & Gulf Shores & Pontoon Rentals is slowly becoming one of the most popular adventure sports! You can parasail Orange Beach, Gulf Shores and Perdido Key and see the Gulf from 800 feet!
LOST KEY TACKLE
We do sell the fishing license, $17.50 for 3 days. Some low cost options available ~$30 for rod/reel combo
DEEP SEA FISHING
1) Zekes http://www.zekeslanding.com/
Zeke's Landing Marina is the perfect place for your next saltwater fishing adventure. With the largest charter fleet on Alabama's Gulf Coast, Zeke's has the right trip for every angler at every level of experience. The family-friendly charter office will help you find the right boat and captain to meet your needs. Zeke's offers everything from inshore fishing in the back bays to billfish and yellowfin tuna excursions over 70 miles offshore. The most-requested type of fishing is bottom-fishing. The bottom-fishing is excellent 12 months out of the year. These charters target a variety of snapper, grouper, amberjack, triggerfish, king mackerel and the seasonal cobia.
2) Can't Quit Fishin' Charters http://www.cantquitfishin.com
3) Reel Surprise Charters http://reelsurprisecharters.com/
4) Wild Orange Carters http://www.wildorangebeachfishing.com/
SNORKELING, SCUBA DIVING & SAILING
NAVAL AVIATION MUSEUM **A MUST SEE***
The National Naval Aviation Museum is the world’s largest Naval Aviation museum and one of the most-visited museums in the state of Florida. Share the excitement of Naval Aviation’s rich history and see more than 150 beautifully restored aircraft representing Navy, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard Aviation. These historic and one-of-a-kind aircraft are displayed both inside the Museum’s nearly 350,000 square feet of exhibit space and outside on its 37-acre grounds.
There’s so much to see and do, you’ll want to stay all day! Admission is free! Hours of operation are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. Closed Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Year’s. For more information, call 1-800-327-5002.
Visitors to the National Naval Aviation Museum must have valid photo identification and all bags are subject to search.
3-D Ride- $20 Go on an HD adventure with the Blue Angels in one of our interactive 3-D rides!
Motion-Based Simulator –$6 Fly With The Blue Angels
Motion-Based Simulator –$6 Desert Storm
BLUE ANGELS PRACTICES & AUTOGRAPHS
The world-famous Blue Angels are based at NAS Pensacola, and can be seen practicing over the Museum at NAS Pensacola most Tuesday and Wednesday mornings from March to November. Practices typically begin at 11:30 a.m.(Central Time), and last about 75 minutes. Admission to practice is FREE and open to the public.*
LULU'S MOUNTAIN OF YOUTH ROPES COURSE
The MOUNTAIN OF YOUTH is a three-story climbing apparatus for kids of ALL ages. Harnessed in, you can experience the thrill of tightrope walking and climbing, and see LuLu’s from a totally different perspective!
YOGA AND FITNESS
Drop in for a 45 minute yoga class. $10. They offer them On Tuesdays and Thursday at 7:45 am.
Welcome to The Park at OWA! Our 21 dazzling amusement park rides will have everyone entertained for hours. Play it safe on Leap Frog or see how loud you scream on the Rollin’ Thunder! With attractions for guests of all ages, you're sure to find a new way to enjoy yourself with every visit. Though The Park at OWA offers a nice variety in the way of food and beverage the Shops at OWA will begin to open in September to offer a different level of shopping and dining. Eat, drink and shop everything you could ever want in one amazing place. With more than 50 shopping and dining possibilities, it is impossible to do it all in one visit. With its distinctive southern charm yet modern amenities, OWA is truly a reinvented destination.
While the adventurous ones are on the zipline tour, the rest can enjoy over fifty other attractions at The Wharf. Food and drink, shopping, movies, arcades – there is something fun for everyone here!
With over 6,000 feet of fun, we are the best attraction in Orange Beach, rated #1 on TripAdvisor for over three years. Come zip the highest, fastest, longest zipline on the Gulf Coast – reserve your spot today!
ALABAMA GULF COAST ZOO
20499 Oak Road East, Gulf Shores AL 36542 • 251-256-7008 • firstname.lastname@example.org
Close to 500 animals, 118 species, 22 critically endangered, endangered, vulnerable, or near threatened species
BICYCLE/ ELECTRIC BIKES/SEGWAY RENTALS
1) http://emeraldcoasttours.net/bicycle-rentals (Bike & Segway)
They do have mens bikes equipped with toddler seats. They will hold a child up to 40 Lbs. You can have them delivered for free if you are renting the bikes for 2 plus days or more, (they won't deliver for only a one day rental) or if you just want to ride for the day, you can drive there to Orange Beach and ride from there.
PICK UP FRESH FISH TO COOK
1)Perdido Key Seafood https://www.facebook.com/Perdido-Key-Seafood-271991349583914/
2)Joe Patti’s Seafood ****A MUST SEE***** https://www.joepattis.com/Joe-Pattis-Seafood-Company-Welcome.cfm As mobbed as it will look, service is fast. Get a number as soon as you arrive
GET A BASKET OF HOT BEIGNETS JUST OUTSIDE OF JOE PATTI’S
https://www.joepattis.com/Joe-Pattis-Seafood-Company-Welcome.cfm The beignets are a huge hit AND SOOOOO delicious!!! Light, fluffy, soft with great fillings. I got chocolate, raspberry, apple and Bavarian Cream. LOVE the raspberry. Eat them while they are hot and fresh!!
PENSACOLA LIGHTHOUSE & MARITIME MUSEUM
BIG LAGOON STATE PARK
THE GULFARIUM MARINE ADVENTURE PARK
UNCLE SANDY'S MACAW BIRD PARK
Our mission is two-fold: We are committed to providing a safe haven for unwanted parrots and other species of birds. While some of the birds will always call Uncle Sandy’s Macaw Bird Park “home”, we periodically try to help some of the birds find a new “forever family”.
Our Second mission is to inform and educate the public of the demands of owning a parrot, the kind of lifestyle a parrot lives, and how to provide them with essential needs to keep them happy and healthy.
The educational portion is accomplished with scheduled public shows and daily tours of our park while staff members are available to answer questions. We also provide a unique, once-in-a-lifetime experience with one-on-one handling of an exotic bird or visitors may enter the largest open flight aviary in the Florida panhandle where visitors can interact with many at one time!
This is about 45 minutes away but was recommended by a guest who took their 2 young children. They loved it!
FEED The Alligators.....HOLD AN ALLIGATOR
Access to our Air Conditioned Relation Station & Picnic Area with a private alligator encounter.
Have lunch in the shade at the Picnic Area or have it catered by Willy T's (251) 947-9433.
Can accommodate up to 150 people
Photography Welcome. Call for details.
Start your guided adventure with a walk to the elevated viewing platform, where you can see over 450 alligators now from hatchlings to mature adults, relaxing, sunbathing, courting and nesting. Come during feeding times and you can see the feeding crew walk right out to the alligators to feed them! After a breath taking view, continue your adventure with a nature walk on the elevated boardwalk and see alligators in their natural habitat along with other natural inhabitants such as turtles, ospreys, owls and bull frogs only a couple feet away!
STARRY STARRY NIGHT-STARGAZING ON PENSACOLA BEACH
Discover the greatness of the night sky on beautiful Pensacola Beach. The Escambia Amateur Astronomers’ Association will offer free star gazing at the Gulfside Pavilion and at Ft. Picken’s Battery Worth parking lot. Stargazing will be held on Friday and Saturday at the Gulfside Pavilion and on Friday at Battery Worth parking lot at Ft. Picken’s. Stargazing will begin around sunset at varying times throughout the summer based on daylight. The times listed are approximate for both venues. The second number listed for Ft. Picken’s Battery Worth ( ) is a “rain date” if the day before is rained out or too many clouds.
Volunteers will set up nearly 20 telescopes ranging in strength and size from duplicates of Galileo’s original telescope to today’s incredible
large-scope devices for the public to take a peek at wonders such as Jupiter, the Milky Way and other galaxies.
For more information about Stargazing events call Dewey Barker at (850) 450-7767.
PALAFOX MARKET - NORMALLY EVERY SATURDAY DOWNTOWN 9-2 PM
CANCELLED DUE TO COVID-19 UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Fresh produce, live plants, baked goods, fine art and antiques are just a few of the items offered by vendors at Palafox Market in Downtown Pensacola. Items originate directly from onsite vendors who grow, make, or create the fruits, vegetables, herbs and art for sale. RAIN OR SHINE! GET THERE EARLY AS MANY VENDORS START PACKING UP AT ABOUT 1 PM**
Located on N. Palafox St., in Martin Luther King Jr. Plaza, between Wright St. and Chase St., Palafox Market is centrally located to many shopping and dining establishments in Downtown Pensacola.
WATER PARK/ GO CARTS /MINI GOLF/ ARCADES
1) Waterville USA http://watervilleusa.com/
Waterville USA is a 20 acre waterpark and amusement park located ¼ of a mile from the beach in a beautiful resort community, Gulf Shores, Alabama.
The amusement park attractions include the Nascart Go-Carts, Cannonball Run roller coaster, 36 holes of miniature golf, Trampoline Thing, Fun Depot kiddie rides, House of Bounce, and the Flowrider (when the waterpark is not open). The amusement park also has a large arcade (not included in the park admission.
2) Pirates Island Adventure Golf http://www.piratesislandgolf.com/gulf-shores-al-pirates-island
3) Adventure Island http://www.adventure-island.com/
Adventure Island features rides and thrills for the entire family. Ride go karts, bumper boats and play laser tag. Experience adventure golf, the arcade or go on our paddle boat rides. We also offer kiddie rides. Experience the eruption of the 5-story volcano as it comes alive with fire and sound. Adventure Island – the ultimate in family fun!
Adventure Island is located in the heart of Orange Beach directly across the street from the Gulf.
FAMILY BEACH PORTRAITS & WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHY
Make your vacation last forever!
Photography in Perdido Key, Orange Beach and Gulf Shores.
27267 Perdido Beach Blvd, B204
Orange Beach Al 36561
Phone: (251) 980 6657
101 Things To Do In Perdido Key
- Sip a specialty martini at The Jellyfish
- Eat crab legs at The Crab Trap
- Have a beach-side picnic
- Drink a cold beer on the state line at the legendary Flora-Bama
- Down a raw oyster at Perdido Key Oyster Bar
- Have your dinner with a view of the Gulf of Mexico
- Order To-Go and eat dinner on your room balcony overlooking the ocean
- Take your fresh-caught fish to Happy Harbor on the Line to prepare for you
- Order the area’s drink of choice, a frozen Bushwacker
- Sip a Mai Tai, poolside at Purple Parrot
- Pamper yourself at Spas of Eden at Eden Condominiums
- Take a moonlit beach walk
- Take pictures of unforgettable sunrises
- Sip champagne and watch the sunset on the beach
- Build a sandcastle at Johnson Beach
- Work on your tan at the nation’s top ranked beach
- Gaze at the star-filled night sky
- Lounge by the Innerarity Townhomes pool
- Fly a kite in the ocean breeze
- Shopping, Art Galleries and Food at Villagio Shopping Center
- Take a segway tour!
- Visit the Historical Pensacola District
- Shop in Downtown Pensacola
- See the National Aviation Museum
- Take a haunted lighthouse tour
- Visit historic Forts McRee, Barrancas and Morgan
- Take in the art galleries
- Learn about hurricane hunters at the Gulf Shores Museum
- Go to Five Flags Speedway
- Test your luck at Pensacola Greyhound Park and Poker Room
- Visit Geronimo’s home at nearby Fort Pickens
- Take a guided tour of Seville Historic District homes
- Go to Opera or Symphony, or watch live entertainment at Pensacola’s historic Saenger Theatre
- Learn about the first European Settlement at T.T. Wentworth Museum
- Sing-a-long with Dueling Pianists at landmark Seville Quarter venue
- Visit Old Christ Church in Pensacola, Florida’s oldest church
- Look at masterpieces at Pensacola Museum of Art
- Enjoy national musical acts at The Wharf
- Tour USS Alabama Battleship Park in Mobile
- Take a dolphin cruise
- Hire a charter boat
- Go Deep Sea Fishing
- Go Scuba diving
- Dive the USS Oriskany, the World’s Largest Artificial Reef
- Chase Hermit Crabs on the beach
- Go snorkeling
- Go surf fishing
- Try body surfing
- Attempt kite surfing
- Go parasailing
- Rent a Pontoon boat
- Rent a canoe
- Kayak the Intracoastal Waterway
- Circumnavigate the saltwater paddling trail
- Jog along miles of pristine coastline
- Test your balance by surfing on a windy day
- Canoe in two states through the Perdido River
- Hit the links at the Lost Key Golf Club
- Dive to the USS Massachusetts
- Trek 4 miles to the east end of the Key
- Find unique, hand-made jewelry in local shops
- Compete in Perdido Key or Santa Rosa Island Triathlons
- Discover the Bon Secour National Wildlife Sanctuary
- Hike a nature trail
- Pitch a tent on Johnson’s beach
- View rare wildlife
- Climb the Big Lagoon observation tower
- Watch birds migrate to the saltwater marsh
- Witness a sea turtle hatching
- Visit Gulf Island National Seashore
- Take in a Geocache treasure hunting point
- Walk 16 miles from Big Lagoon to Tarkiln Bayou
- View a rare carnivorous plant, the pitcher plant
- Go crabbing at Little Lagoon Pass
- Ride the ferry from Fort Morgan to Dauphin Island
- Visit Bellingrath Gardens to see flowers of every season
- Head out on the Alabama Coastal Birding Trail
- Run in the Blue Angels Marathon (Feb.)
- Toss a fish at the Annual “Interstate Mullet Toss” (April)
- Brave the cold at the annual Polar Bear Dip (Jan.)
- Catch a Blue Angels Air Show (July & Nov.)
- Catch beads at the Mardi Gras parade (Feb.)
- Dance at the Frank Brown International Songwriter’s Festival (Nov.)
- Try the best German sausage at the Elberta Sausage Festival (March)
- Eat Cajun-style at the Crawfish Fest (May)
- Sail a wood boat at the Pirate’s Cove festival (May)
- Find hidden treasures at Perdido Key’s annual Pirate Festival (Sept.)
- Fly high at the Gulf Coast Hot Air Balloon Festival (June)
- Feel your adrenalin pump at the Gulf Powerboat races (Aug.)
- Eat shrimp at the National Shrimp Festival (Oct.)
- View the finest Southeastern artists at Great Gulfcoast Arts Festival (Nov.)
- Eat fresh Strawberries at Loxley Strawberry Festival (April)
- Visit Perdido Kids Park
- Check out the baby animal encounters at Alabama Gulf Coast Zoo
- Check out Fast Eddies Fun City
- Splash around at Waterville USA
- Ride the ferris wheel at The Wharf
- Search for sea shells & sand dollars
- Let the kids earn their sea legs at a number of dolphin cruises and fishing charters
- Cheer on the Blue Wahoos at a Pensacola baseball game
- Learn about the coastal ecosystem at the Gulf Islands National Seashore